EXPRESS MIXLR BROADCAST

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

CANUCKS SWEEP THE BLUES


The Vancouver Canucks are through to the 2nd round of the playoffs with a 4 game sweep of the St. Louis Blues. Alex Burrows scored off the rush in the final minute of the 1st OT to give the Canucks their first 4 game sweep in franchise history.

Canucks did me one better in my prediction. I said Canucks would take it in 5. But this is probably a good thing they did it in 4 cause even though it went the minimum, the Blues took a lot out of the Canucks in the series and they will now get some needed rest to heal the bumps and bruises.

I personally feel the Canucks top to bottom were the better team. And obviously that came to fruition no better than in the battle between the pipes. Chris Mason let in a few goals I'm sure he'd like to have back. And Roberto Luongo didn't and that help turned a tight series in the Canucks favour in which 3 of the 4 games were decided by one goal.

And hats off to the effort of the Canucks PK. They only allowed one powerplay goal for the Blues in the entire series and that came in game 1. Ryan Johnson, has been a warrior in the circle and blocking shots. Mason Raymond has really thrived in his 3rd line and penalty killing role. Kyle Wellwood has been fabulous as well. I could go on, there are plenty of stories of guys who played great in the 4 game sweep.

Now, I won't do the obvious and post a typical video of the Burrows winner. I will, only if I can find the special one I'm looking for.

But what I will post is a video the Canucks produced in advance of game 4. Check out how Kyle Wellwood, looks exactly the same today as he did as a youngster.



See ya in the 2nd round! GO CANUCKS GO!

No comments: