EXPRESS MIXLR BROADCAST

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

ROSENTHAL TO ATTEND DEVILS CAMP

Coming off a season where he captained the Coquitlam Express to the BCHL title and earned an NCAA Division I scholarship to Northeastern University, Ryan Rosenthal has another impressive line to add to his hockey resume.
He'll be attending New Jersey Devils development camp this summer.
A native of Montvale, N.J., the chance to show his hockey skills for the team he followed growing up is a dream come true.
"I've always been a Devils fan," said Rosenthal. "Patrik Elias was always my favourite player, I liked watching Scott Stevens... and Zach Parise before he left.
"Having a homegrown kid is probably pretty special for them, and for me too obviously."
This was Rosenthal's first and only BCHL season. He spent last year at the University of Vermont but after getting sparse playing time, he opted to come to the BCHL in hopes of earning another NCAA opportunity. He did that and also drew increasing interest from NHL clubs as the BCHL season went along.
"For most of the playoffs, Wolffie (Express head coach Barry Wolff) and (team president) Darcy Rota were talking to me about NHL teams having interest," said Rosenthal, adding the Vancouver Canucks were another club looking closely at him. "(Devils president and general manager) Lou Lamoriello was talking to my family advisor and Glen Dirks, the regional scout, called me and told me to stay in shape and be ready to go."
Rosenthal led the Express in goals in the regular season with 34 and led the team in playoff scoring with 22 points in 19 games. He says the BCHL was the ideal place to showcase his skills.
"It's just been an amazing year, I couldn't expect anything more," he said. "I got to play in a ton of games and a ton of situations. Wolffie did so much for me; I owe a lot to the BCHL and the Express."

No comments: